Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ivory Soap To the Rescue!!!!

I'm always trying to find simple,cheep, organic ways to get rid of pests and rodents in my garden. In my Back Home Magazine I found an interesting article by Kathryn Mitschelen. In it she posted this recipe for getting rid of bugs in your garden. I hope you'll try it this summer...

You Will Need...One spray bottle that has never held chemicals. Water and liquid Ivory Soap.

Pour in two tablespoons of Ivory soap into the bottle. Fill it up with water. Simple! Now, spray the infested plants on top and from underneath. You will need to reapply after a heavy rainfall or overhead watering. The soap eats the exoskeleton of the bug if you spray them directly! Yes!

If you are having a problem with rodents eating your hard work to the nub, grate some pieces with a cheese grater or shred the soap with a knife or fork. Put the shreds around the base of the plant. The soap for either treatments will not effect the Ph of the soil or hurt the plants.

I hope you'll try this out this summer! Happy Gardening Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment